comment ☆ 0 comment(s)
review: l.a colors - ep109 (devious)
Beauty/Make-up Review
★ L.A. COLORS 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow
☆ EP109 - Devious
Ingredients: Mica, Talc, Magnesium Stearate(Magnesium Salt), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone(Type of Silicone Oil), Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben.
☆ Price: $1.50 - $1.99+tax(and/or shipping if you order online)


Safety notes are a must. This palette is a metallic palette, meaning it may contain some similarities with metal. Please make sure to keep this and all other cosmetics you have out of the reach of children under the age of 10. Do not swallow or attempt to eat this palette. Basically, don't use this palette for anything other than your eyes.


So, I went out with my mum and my friend one day and we stopped at one of the local beauty supplies stores. So of course, us being women and all that, we decided to step inside and look around. My friend and I are huge make up nerds, so we were both immediately drawn to the eyeshadows, eyeliners, lip glosses, and other different types of make up they had. Whilst my friend went off and wandered around the rest of the store, I busied myself looking for a new eyeshadow palette, God only knows I needed more of it(my brown/natural shadows were getting a tad boring). I didn't want something too natural, but I also didn't want to have something too unnaturally bright and out there. Let it be known now that L.A. Colors happens to be one of my favorite cosmetics brands next to Cover Girl, Maybelline, Rimmel, NARS, and NYX, so once I saw that L.A. COLORS' palettes were sold in that store, I was sold and stuck on grabbing at least one of the palettes. Anyway, I decided to try a palette that I thought would never look good on me, even with intense blending (who doesn't like a good challenge?). After thoroughly looking through each palette and denying a good five palettes, I came across the EP109 Devious palette. It was beautiful! And exactly what I wanted. So, we got everything we wanted and paid, of course the Devious palette was added to the cart before heading home to have fun with our new additions.

I had hoped to try the palette that night, but that entire week or so had me swamped with personal drama, work, etcetera. . .so I hadn't gotten the chance to use it until maybe three weeks after I got it. This palette was one of the most annoying palettes to work with, not because of the colors or anything, but for one, it's entirely too messy for my standards and it's also way too glittery. Aside from those those two factors, this palette was definitely worth the annoyance. I've dabbled with all the colors in this palette and I must say, I've taken a liking to the blue shades in this palette. The white isn't really good for a shadow, but better for a base. Blend the white in with a natural colored pigment and it'll make the other colors pop a bit more. The black is amazing to use when it's blended in with the blues or the purple, it gives off somewhat of an exotic look (which I thoroughly enjoyed).

I should warn you though, these shadow are very loose. This means that when you get some of the shadow on the brush, you need to tap the brush gently on a piece of paper towel or whatever to get the excess off or the excess powder will get in your eyes. If the shadow does get in your eye, tilt your head back slightly, look to a side (left or right) and slowly/gently run your fingers (or a cotton ball, toilet paper) along your eye until the shadow is removed from your eye. It will burn for a short time, but fanning your eye and blinking a bit will help dull the pain.

Overall, this palette is definitely a hit. A bit on the messy and glittery side, but the various looks you can achieve from this single palette of five is what makes it a hit in my book. You can find this palette and the 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow palettes at your local beauty supply store, ebay, and few online cosmetics shops around. This palette can range anywhere from $1.50 to $1.99 (USD). For more of L.A. COLORS' amazing products, check out their site

Labels: ,



This blog and its content have been provided to you by Yasuhiro. None of the content seen here should be reproduced, recreated, or copied without permission from the creator. Color scheme was inspired by various color schemes involving different shades of gray provided by Eryn of Killer Dolls. All resources for graphic creation can be found here and all other credits/resources can be found here. This blog is powered by Blogger. This blog is also best viewed on Opera web Browser at a screen resolution of 1152x864px.
©2010 swallowtailbutterfly


irasshaimase! content! the owner! chatboard! archives affiliates +follow questions?